Thursday, 13 December 2012

Please forgive me folks :( xox


A light hearted 'Now-Only-Twenty-Nine-P!' style article on my total failure today.

I'm really sorry to everyone who was counting on me or waiting for me to arrive but as my mum told me 'these things happen' and I hope those people understand I just made a silly mix up mistake today that I regret.


Today, Olympic Gymnast Jennifer Pinches, one of the members of this Summer's Team GB, let down many young aspiring talents of the future by failing to show to her school's end of year gymnastics competition. Jennifer, 18, was due to arrive and judge at her school's Christmas event, as a special guest, yet half an hour after the competition had begun, there was still no sign of her. Upon further investigation it became clear that the sports figure had indeed, forgotten.
When interviewed Jennifer said "I am so sorry that I couldn't make it today, I'd like to sincerely apologise to the school- who have been so good to me- for letting them down, the gymnasts competing- who had hoped I would be able to watch their routines that they had worked on, and everyone involved, as it completely slipped my mind". She added, "I have been so busy lately and I was looking forward to this event, I am absolutely gutted that I wasn't there".
Recent events boasting Pinches' presence (Christmas joke) may indicate the level of pressure on Jennifer's current schedule. She has spoken at the Soroptomist International meeting in Stockport, visited High Peak gymnastics club, been to Glasgow to do an Olympic Team signing session as well as work for the British Gymnastics Media team at the World Cup there, she has been to see her Grandpa in intensive care on the Isle of Wight and attempted to cheer him up, she has spent a day being interviewed by BBC North West, remembered two of her brother's birthdays, warmed up and started off an abundance of Santa's willing to dash around a field to raise money for Christie's Cancer research centre, been to a reunion in Sheffield with her sixth form friends, met some inspirational sports people and heard Sally Gunnel talk at the Derbyshire Sports Awards, visited her former gymnastics club in the City Of Liverpool, finished reading The Fault In Our Stars (DEFINITELY LIST WORTHY), followed the progress of and occasionally helped the highly intelligent James Mcilveen as he makes her new website (COMING VERY SOON) and simultaneously studied English Language and Psychology A Levels... *breathe*... as well as taken part in rehearsals for the upcoming (in March) school play she will be in. It's not that Jennifer isn't used to being busy, but she sincerely hopes she can be forgiven for her lack of ability to organise herself to today's school competition.
When we asked if Jennifer will be offering any sort of compensation to those she left disappointed at today's event, she said "I am happy to hand out signed cards to everyone who took part but I know that this will not really rectify the situation. All I can do is express my embarrassment and shame about the entire incident". The inconvenient bus timetable and inability to drive do not exclude Jennifer from responsibility for this situation and we hope it will not happen again. Jennifer has vowed to update and check her calendar more closely in the future.



I really am very sorry about not turning up to Kings' Gym Competition and I don't mean to make fun out of it, I am sincerely apologetic, but again, I do hope you'll understand if you were involved, and writing this article helped me refresh my English skills and was useful to explain the whole thing, as well as fairly enjoyable to write.

















3 comments:

  1. Don't worry about it, you're a busy person and these things do happen, It would have been nice for the Gymnasts to meet you but maybe you could arrange to meet up another time? Don't beat yourself up about it, no point crying over split milk and we all understand why you couldn't be there! No one blames you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww...everyone makes mistakes. you've held your hands up straight away, apologized and tried to rectify the situation - a true role model!

    proof that olympians are human just like the rest of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your being too harsh on yourself we all make mistakes. You should get yourself a diary serectary now :)

    ReplyDelete